Sometimes while I’m working on downloadable murder mystery games for public release or private custom mysteries for clients, I create something I think might help others who are designers or those who want to add a little something extra into their murder mystery party. These evidence tags are free, just right click on the image and click “save image as” or “copy image”, depending on what you’re going to be doing with it.
For those who are throwing a mystery party, here are some ideas of things you can do with these evidence tags:
- set up evidence props about the murder or the non-murder mystery on an evidence table for your guests to view and inspect as they solve the mystery
- set up your crime scene and scatter tagged evidence around. Of course, this will not be true to procedure, but it sure will take your mystery party to another level
- write the name of those playing suspects on the blank side and safety pin the tag to their shirt, so that either side can be read
- get creative when you fill in the blanks! People will take more time to read the tag if there is something humorous in one of the blanks
- for your Halloween party games, use the tags as unique ballot sheets for Halloween costume contests and other games that require a written response
- If you’re having a crime scene theme, go ahead and use them for invitations! Deets on the back, macabre details on the front
Enjoy, and if you’re so inclined, leave a comment to let us know how you used them!