When our guests are mingling, we want them to be able to be able to enjoy each other’s company with uncomplicated food. But some hosts still think that “uncomplicated” means cocktail weiners on toothpicks. No more! Scallops are a delicious addition to your buffet table that will please the palate and allow your guests to keep mingling.
These portions are for 12 full (uncut) scallops. Please adjust based on the number of guests attending your party.
12 large sea scallops
4 tbsp butter
2/3 cup of your favourite white wine
Dash of salt
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
- Cut the scallops in half to make them easier for your guests to eat without cutting
- Trip tough parts off the side of the scallops
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, paprika and cumin. Toss until scallops are covered.
- Melt butter over medium-to-high heat and then add scallops. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until they are grilled to your liking. Add wine and reduce heat for 5 minutes, or until scallops are moderately tough.
- Serve on your favourite plate or serving platter
- Enjoy rave compliments about what a brilliant host you are